I like wearing makeup. I like the way I look when I enhance my better features with a little powder, glitter, and liquid magic. I go into the bathroom a regular woman, and I come out a gorgeous supermodel. (Hey, if I don't believe it, no one else will).
Anyway, my addiction to MAC and other products was becoming all encompassing. And let's not forget the rather rigorous skin care ritual. Every morning I slathered on Uplifting Face Cream. Yes, it's anti-aging, but I've been using it since before "aging" became a part of my vocabulary. I just liked it better than the Youth-full Face Cream. Anyway, face cream, followed by Eye Hope eye cream, and Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer, and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. At that point, I wasn't even sure it was my skin under all of that! It was becoming clear that I was on my way to being one of those chicks who couldn't leave the house without makeup. If I kept on this path, I would be one of those sad women that has on full makeup regalia at the gym, complete with a leotard, spandex, and matching leg warmers, with her hair somehow teased and in a ponytail at the same time. {Shudder}.
So, one morning, I decided to start Project Makeup Optional. It involves a lot of front-loading as far as creams and potions go. But my plan is to make the sacrifice now, so that I can have the option of leaving my house with no makeup later. I don't want to be one of those women who actually can't leave her house without putting on a massive amount of war paint. I doubt I ever leave with no enhancements, (see aforementioned post about always looking put-together). But, the plan is to be happy with my skin the way it is when I wake up. And limit the use of makeup to making unnatural things happen. Things such as mile-long eyelashes, colorful eyelids, shiny lips. You know, fun things like that :).
So, let us begin a subpart of the mission. Project Makeup Optional, it's so on.
No comments:
Post a Comment