Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Mission, defined

Recently, I decided that it was time to transcend my current level of awesome, to a brand new level of awesome. And thus began my journey. Part of the reason that I began this mission (henceforth known as Mission New Level of Awesome) is because I will shortly be turning 30. As part of turning 30, I am bombarded with information from people already over 30 about things such as a) what I should be doing with myself romantically; b) what will or may happen to my body; c) the relative advantages or disadvantages of 20s vs. 30s; d) how old I look now...and how old I will start to look soon; e) various comments about the level of maturity that I should embody now. Alright people, thank you very much for your thoughts, opinions, and advice (whether solicited or unsolicited). But frankly, all of you are downers.

Rather than be brought down by the Debbie Downers and constant negative imagery about being 30, I decided to turn this into a positive experience. I decided take elements of awesomeness that would make me a better 29 year old woman, so that by the time I reach 30, I will be so ridiculously awesome that people would fall over. (And frankly, shut their traps once and for all).

I began just by posting my newly minted axioms and finds on Facebook. Eventually, others adopted similar missions and quests for themselves. Not that I claim credit, but I've heard about quests for awesomeness, quests for sexy, and a really good friend of mine quit smoking*!

Anyway, there are several aspects to my mission, and some will be added, of course. For now, below find some of the elements that I'm working on:

1. Taking my body from hot to smokin' **
2. Increase overall sexiness.
3. Increase spirituality and deepen my relationship with God.
4. Brighten my personality and my positivity.
5. Increase positivity.
6. Project Makeup Optional

These are just a few. As days go by, I will begin posting my triumphs, failures, and axioms. I am open to suggestions and advice. And, I would SO love to hear about success stories.

Friends, let the Mission commence. :)

*I claim no credit whatsoever for my friend who is quitting smoking. I just wanted to give her a shout out and some cheerleading. Go lady go!!!

** Thank you SiQ for that quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment