Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mission Accomplished (Obama variety)

They call them ah-ha moments. (And by they, I mean, I read it somewhere). Described as that moment when you realized you actually reached your goal. Most often, the ah-ha is associated with weight loss and homework concepts. One of my most vivid ah-ha moments was when I was taking Managerial Accounting in college. I distinctly remember entering equations, adding and subtracting figures, and pulling my hair out in frustration. And then, in one magical moment, something clicked...and, I GOT IT! OHHHHHHHHHH! Everything is done on a quarterly basis; and all income and expenses needed to be distributed and averaged over 4 quarters. I? AM A FREAKING GENIUS!!!!

Anyway, ah-ha moments come in all sorts of varieties. The point is, once you reach that goal, you've been working so hard that the fact that you reached it may go right over your head. But, it will dawn on you eventually. At some point, you will realize that you actually accomplished your mission. You will realize that you saved up enough for that car or house; you fit into those skinny jeans; or you understand Spanish without checking your Spanish to English dictionary. And when that happens, do me a favor. CELEBRATE!!! WOO HOO!!

And, allow me to celebrate with you, my friends. I'm so excited for everyone who's setting goals, reaching them, and maintaining them. Congratulations, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment