Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Wonderful World of You

The Mission has been going for a couple months now, and I find myself reassessing what it is I want, and how I want to get there. A wonderful side effect of the Mission is re-discovering self. And, although this blog is about my own personal mission to achieve a new level of awesome, I don't want my personal goals to influence yours. And here's why:

When you're setting a goal, you have to take into account all of the things that make you, YOU! A 6'5" man who was a former athlete shouldn't have the same fitness goal as a 5'1" former cheerleader. No woman wants to be shaped like an NBA player, right? And, most NBA player shaped guys shouldn't want to be curvaceous like a lady. Makes sense, right? Now, translate to other goals. A person with 3 kids and a mortgage simply can't set the same financial goals as a kid fresh out of college.

My point in all of this is to remind you not to set yourself up for failure by comparing your goals to someone else's. The point of the Mission is to reach the new level of awesome. Not to come up short! Now, go forth and kick some booty!

No comments:

Post a Comment